I’ve been busy with international politics in NYC for the past week, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been paying attention to what’s going on around the nation. Here are some of my favorite stories:
- Feminist critique of Limbaugh’s apology to Sandra Fluke, the law student he called a slut and a prostitute;
- Calls for Clear Channel Communications to fire Limbaugh and establish a precedent whereby commentators understand that misogynistic comments are “unacceptable and career ending.”
- What to say: yay Maryland!;
- The bill narrowly passed both the house and senate, a challenge has been issued to put it on the Nov. ballot;
- Should that challenge fail, the bill becomes law Jan. 1, 2013;
- If you’re curious why here did it, check out his position.
- One photographer reflects on the meaning of “kiss seen round the world;”
- The two gay men kissing photo feels more “freighted” than two women;
- Dissects why this photo might be more important than the photo of the two female sailors.