It’s a day late, but that’s because Marianne and I have been in Clarksville, Tenn., with her family.
All told, Marianne has eight brothers and sisters, six of whom still live in Clarksville.
Of those six, three of those plus Marianne (four total) got engaged in the last six months. With four girls, counting me but not Marianne, getting married before next October I was expecting some serious wedding planning to happen this weekend.
Don’t get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the visiting, eating, driving, repeat, but I’m still no more ahead in the planning than I was.
Here’s what we have so far:
• The wedding is at Green Street UMC, the church we belong to in Winston-Salem;
• Rev. Kelly Carpenter is presiding (is that even what you call it?);
• We’re hoping to have the reception right after in the church’s fellowship hall;
• Theme will be fall, with reds, oranges, yellows and browns as the primary colors;
• The decorations and ceremony will be as simple as possible.
That’s it. I have 11 months to figure out the rest…right?